|Hamilton County Historical
Alliance met at Stanhope Community Center on Saturday, October 14, 2017.
The meeting was called to order at 10:00 am. There were 11 in attendance,
including a new member from Stratford, Mary Jo Johnson, and new member
from Stanhope, Dee Weir. We also had one guest present.
Roll call theme was ‘Tell about a disaster that happened
in your town, preferably long ago.’ Several interesting stories were shared.
The minutes of the last meeting were read and approved
with a motion by Jackie, and a second by Bruce.
Discussions and Information Sharing:
* Janet handed out copies of the Constitution.
* Election of officers took place. Janet Adix
committed to one more year as President, and Debra Caudle-Chavira committed
to one more year as Secretary. Motion to approve by Jackie. Seconded by
* Bruce Johnson gave an update on happenings
at the Jewell museum.
* Jewell museum had a visit from a student of
museum studies. She shared her knowledge and made suggestions for needed
* Janet Adix donated a historical mug and pens
with Jewell business information to the Jewell museum.
* Dee Weir showed the signs that will go into
the Stanhope Main Street planters. They have historical information and
pictures on them.
* Dee also shared information about the Carlson
farm, artifacts, and depot.
* Janet Adix reported she has been using eBay
to find artifacts for the Ellsworth museum. She has purchased a few items.
* Wayne shared about his trip to Washington following
the Clair/Staples family reunions, and his visit to the American History
The meeting was adjourned at 11:02am.
Next Meeting: Saturday, January 20, 2018 @ 10:00 AM,
at Mary Jo’s home in Stratford.
Submitted by Debra Caudle Chavira, Secretary