The early history of our community - Page C
An early pioneer home and rural residents
A barn being constructed by Holt & Lande Builders
A closer view of the barn building workers
The new electric wires can be seen near the bottom of these two images of early Ellsworth.
The 1883 Methodist Episcopal Church was located at the northwest corner of the intersection of Dayton Street and Des Moines Avenue. On the next page, it is seen as one of the two churches visible in the first aerial photo of Ellsworth, which was taken from the Lutheran Church belfry. That means that in the early days, Ellsworth had three churches.
Click this header of the 1902 Ellsworth Chronicle to see some advertisements published in that newspaper.
Threshing with power
Old Corn thresher
Mechanised corn shelling
Cutting wood with power
This 1908 Buick was owned by Dr. E. W. Slater of Ellsworth, later
The next page shows more Ellsworth in the early 1900s.